Revox PR99 MK 3
PR99 MK 3 in a home made wooden case
1. VARIABLE SPEED
This operating mode is activated/deactivated with the self-locking push button. The active mode is acknowledged with the pilot LED. The speed can be varied by the knob. The control range is a deviation of -33% to +50% from the preselected nominal speed.
2. REEL SIZE BUTTONS
When using small-diameter reels, the "REEL SIZE" button should be depressed.
3. TAPE DUMP BUTTON
The right-hand spooling motor remains disabled as long as this button is depressed. In this mode, obsolete tape sections can be playead into the "waste basket" by depressing the "PLAY" key.
4. MODE SELECTION (Playback)
- Stereo -- Individual reproduction on both channels
- Mono -- Reproduction is mixed on both channels
- Reverse -- Same as stereo but channels are reversed
- CH1/CH2 -- The channel selected will be reproduced on both outputs.
- VU METERS. These meters always indicate the level available at the output. To check the recording level, switch "OUTPUT" must be set to the Input/Sync position.
5. INPUT SELECTOR (Recording)
- Mic Lo -- Microphones operating with low levels.
- Mic Hi -- Microphones operating with high levels such as with a built-in amplifier.
- Off -- Input disabled.
- CH1>CH2 -- Re-recording from one channel to another.
- CH2>CH1 -- Re-recording from one channel to another.
- Line -- Switches the line input to the recording channel.
- When this button is released, the calibrated line output level is connected directly to the outputs. If the UNCAL button is locked in place, the output level can be adjusted with the "Level" control.
- When this button is released, the line input is switched to the calibrated line level. When locked in place, the input sensitivity can be adjusted with the "Input Level" control.
1. REEL MOUNTING
- Mount NAB adaptor on reel support and lock the three-prong guide by pulling it out and rotating it 60 degrees in either direction.
- Mount NAB reel on adaptor and turn to section of adaptor clockwise until it locks in place.
2. TAPE THREADING
- Tape must travel above the spring-loaded tape guide, below all heads and capstans, above the pinch-roller and above the second tape guide. Tape should wind flat on the take up reel. Set the tape counter to zero by depressing the "RESET" key.
3. OPERATING THE TAPE DECK
- Check to see that all "UNCAL" buttons are depressed. This will allow you to adjust input and output levels.
- Select the proper reel size using the "Reel Size" button. Setting the button in sets the machine for a 7" reel, while setting the button out sets the machine for a 10" reel.
- Select the desired tape speed with corresponding button. (Standard tape speed is 7 ips.)
- Playback can be started by touching the "PLAY" key. The audio path is automatically switched on.
- Key Functions
- Fast winding is initiated with the key "<<" or ">>."
- The amplifier circuits are not activated during fast winding operations.
- The "STOP" key cancels the current operating mode.
- The "PAUSE" key suspends the current operating mode until the key is released.
- The "SLIDE" (under the tape heads) causes the tape to be pressed against the play heads and switches on the reproduce amplifier. This mode of operation (cue mode) is used for acoustically searching the desired position. During the search, the tape can be transported through manual rotation of the spindles or under control of the spooling motors by depressing key "<<" (reverse) or ">>" (FF).
- The "INPUT/REPRODUCE" monitor switch must be set to the "REPRODUCE" position.
- The "OUTPUT SELECTOR" permits selection of the output mode (Stereo, Mono, Reversed Channels, or Channel 1 (right) or Channel 2 (left) only).
- Enter reproduce mode by depressing the "PLAY" key.
- Set "READY/SAFE" switches to the "READY" position.
- Adjust input level for program operating level which averages between 60% and 80%. Peaks in excess of 0 dB will be signalled by LED. If these LED's light up, modulation should be reduced to prevent distortion.
- Adjust the input sensitivity via "INPUT LEVEL."
- After the levels have been set, start recording by simultaneously depressing the "REC" and "PLAY" keys. The corresponding recording indicator lamps will light up.
Back to the PR99 main page